Friday 6 June 2008

Charlotte Wilkins' walking challenge: blog 3


02nd June 2008 19:44
Back in Blighty

It sounds silly, but as far as walking is concerned I’m actually glad to be back from my holiday. I really found it a struggle to walk 10 thousand steps in the heat. Some days it reached 35 degrees in the shade, and I found I was dehydrated, and exhausted.
But now I’m back in Blighty there is no excuse, and I’m actually glad I’ve got the challenge to force me to exercise, especially as I’ve put on 9 lbs on holiday…..
Today was my first day back at work and although I got the bus into work this morning, I’ve managed to do over 8 thousand already while filming for the 10,000 steps challenge. I’ve enjoyed being out and about on the seafront, and I’ve made sure I’ve walked up and down the 3 flights of stairs to my office each time I’ve returned. I think I’ve done it about 4 times today so far!
I think this week will strangely be a lot easier for me. But I’m hoping to vary my steps slightly. I’m going to walk to the cinema, to the pub and I’m going to try and do a bit of running to shake things up a little bit – exciting!
Also, I’ve realised it’s only 8 weeks until my best friends wedding so I’m hoping the challenge will help me get back in to shape, and will enable me to fit into my bridesmaid's dress. Otherwise, I’m going to have a very unhappy bride on my hands!

No comments: